View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #14
spudz

I’d like to thank Dan for the chill pod! Really appreciate the exchange my friend. Lost my original Chill Pod driving down the freeway. Securing your Chill Pod properly (under pad eyes towards the front and securing the rearward strap) WAS INSUFFICIENT for truck rack transportation and surf launches/landings. Here’s how I modified the Chill Pod so I won’t lose it on the road or in the surf. Thanks to Arnie Mears and Moose Gibson for your input. Hope this is helpful!

Made my own straps with plastic snap buckles and grommets placed w/ a grommet kit.

Followed Arnie's suggestion of a strap through the handle of the Chill Pod. The two-piece strap is bolted/secured into the brass inserts towards the rear of the tank well (one on each side).

The plastic buckle allows you to easily secure the strap to the pod.

Hardware for the Chill Pod - Two pad eyes w/ stainless screws, washers and nylock nuts. Small plastic cutting board pieces for backing/additional security and anti-seize.

Holes (slightly smaller than the diameter of the screw for water tight fit) drilled into the Chill Pod (+ small plastic cutting board pieces/backing plate w/ larger holes drilled through - not shown in this pic - see previous pic) as a backing plate for the pad eyes. Tethers made of vinyl covered stainless with S-Biners at each end.

Secured and ready to hit the road and surf!

Last edited by spudz; 06-18-2015 at 11:03 PM.
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote