View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 11:13 AM   #3
Salty

Try this: Double dropper with 6-8oz weight. On one loop, put a shrimp on a size 2 treble, on the other a piece of squid (Or slab of mac? Havn't tried that!).
If you want to try something different, I've had some fun with is this setup: Rig a 3-way swivel onto your line. On one end, put about 12-14" of leader and tie on a small (1/2oz-3/4oz) tube bait (I've been using hookup baits). On the other end, tie a littler longer leader (18") and put on a larger tube bait (5/8oz-1.5oz). Test the rig just under the surface and bounce it a few times to see how they react to your movements. The ideas is that when you jig it up, the baits run at each other, then away when you drop the tip, making it look like the bigger bait is attacking the smaller one. When you're over structure, send it down and bounce it just off the bottom the same way, using slightly more exaggerated movements to compensate for line stretch in deeper water. If I'm in deeper water or stronger drift, I use heavier jigs. I assume this works with swimbaits and other soft baits too, but I've only tried it with Hookup baits. (Red/Yellow has worked best for me, my buddy has had more luck with neon green. Been told white works well too).
If anyone has any suggestions for how I can improve this setup too, that would be great stuff to learn!
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote