Thread: LJ 9-14 PM
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 08:46 AM   #3
lamb

Ken and Brad pretty much summed it up nicely.

I’m tired of my current job, so I took yesterday off and lined up 2 interviews. First one in the AMs went well. The 2nd one, with the company I liked better, was a miserable failure. 100% my fault - not being focused with the written test they gave me. I was pissed and upset. I didn’t even interview, quite embarrassing. Good thing was I was on my way back home at 3:00PM instead of 5:30PM. I figured I had enough time to spill my frustration on something.

Launched with Brad at about 4:30PM. Windy, sloppy, thick 1 – 2 ft breakers at the launch. I got through easily, but wet. The bait was hard to tind. It was tough to see the surface activity, with all the chop and white caps. I managed 2 spanish deeper in the kelp; pinned one on and started heading south to join the gang. I got picked up soon after. I was only maybe 50 – 70 yards away from the kelp, well inside before the hotel. The fish gave me a nice fight. It spun me 3 times, got it to the surface twice just to take off on another run. It was very kind to me – it didn’t want to add kelp troubles to my already frustrating day.

My 1st landing in the dark, another one I walked out from. I managed to pull off a few more bummers by the time I made it on the beach. To sum up the day:

- Blew major job opportunity
- lost my pliers
- lost my hatch
- lost my shades (last seen on the picture)
- got my cell phone wet – died…
- 17# lambtai…

I’ll take it! 8)

Oh well… Great seeing ya’ all.

Chris, thanks for a bitchen picture!!!