View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #15
Bang*Splash
Junior

Hey Guys, thanks for the tips. I wound up buying 5 Ambush nets, a Scotty pull easy, headlamp, hand held spotlight, 1 hoop net pro kit (only had one in stock if anyone knows place n town with more, pls share), a bunch of glow sticks, etc.
Sounds like macs or fish heads are the way to go and I plan on stuffing the cages.
A guy I talked to suggested putting my glow sticks in a plastic milk jug and attaching to my line. He said it keeps the.stick from getting submerged and makes the whole container glow making easier to see.
Confirmed local blue water tackle has Hooping it up in stock so have to swing by there. .
I'm not 100% sold on the Scotty pull-eaze. Seems small and like the pullly angles are limited. Would prefer having the block above my head and have seen some guys talking about using the sail mast receiver to mount it. I like that idea and think I could whip something together in time for the opener but have some concerns the torque might crack the hull of my PA.
Has anyone tried this themselves and actually pulled a lot of pots with it? I'd like to know how the yak hull and mast base have held up. Thx!!
Bang*Splash is offline   Reply With Quote