View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 02:22 PM   #1
skiffman

La Jolla 08/10/05 A.M. OH SON!!!

Launch at 06:00 into Lake Pacifico with my 11 year old Jason. Turn on fish finder and battery dies. Made some Spanish North side in close to kelp. Drag Rapalas around and pick up a couple of Barracuda and a small Bonito. Move outside and Jason gets a 6lb Yellowtail on the Rapala, released. Switch to the Spanish and the water is looking cleaner and bait is busting all around. I tell Jason to hold on cause he's gonna get bit. Sure enough, he gets hammered and wrappped but he does a great job and gets an 18lb. 40" Yellowtail. Pull out the digital camera and the scale, once again the batteries are dead. The dogs got on us so we went looking for Calicos. Jason was on today as he proceded to catch several bass including a 22" 6+lb Calico. I also got a 6lb Calico but it was clearly Jasons day. When I went to look at my phone for the time, and not surprising at this point, the battery on my phone was dead. Good thing I have a pull start Yamaha. Water went from tomato soup color to a very clean green depending on where you were. Hope you guys get some tomorrow. I will e-mail a photo if someone wants to post once my batteries charge on my camera. Kelvin