View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 01:19 PM   #28
fongman

I liked the idea of using the stackable vittles vault, but they were too big. Instead, I decided on the larger version of the OEX "ultimate" container. http://www.petguys.com/-769397142300.html
It is rated to hold 30 lbs compared to 15 lbs for the smaller one. At 14 x 14 x 13 tall, it fits perfectly in my Hobie Adventure. The larger size makes it suitable as a livewell or a dry box.

It is self-priming and will not drain when the power is shut off. The fitting attached to the pump was manufactured from a 1/2" pvc male threaded elbow. The pump is connected to a one-way valve (from OEX). To disconnect the pump assembly, a male/female hose connection was added.

The intake is mounted low to oxygenate the bottom of the tank. The fitting was made from a 1/2" female threaded pvc elbow. The outflow is taken from the top.

By angling the outflow tube downwards, the tank will drain itself. I may have to add a drain plug since there isn't enough suction to get all of the water out.

The tank can be used as a livewell by changing the water level height tube. It is stored inside of the tank, using the eyelet bolt and a plastic conduit hanger. On the opposite side, I have storage for the hose-threaded plug which replaces the pump when the tank is used as a dry box.
fongman is offline   Reply With Quote