View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #19
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

You're the man Allen! Glad i could help get that beast in your gator hatch. Glad i had a scale to ensure your spot in the 50 lb club too. Little disappointed that i didn't hook up yesterday for my 3rd time in la jolla, but glad you did. Right after he dropped that mac and hooked up, i was trying to do the same. But the Damn wind kept blowing me into the kelp. That sea bass was caught at about 110ft, over Sandy bottom just outside the kelp. I asked if Allen needed help gaffing it, then it surfaced just behind him with the air bladder popping out about 8 inches from his mouth, and I said "holy shit", and Allen was like, "what, what is it. ....... oh Damn, i just got a huge sea bass"!!!! He put it on the game clip, then we tried to stow it in the gator hatch. I grabbed his clip and slid it up into the hatch, and just as i went to put the lid on, he starts flopping around. Trying to put the lid on was almost impossible as this 51 lb beast kept knocking it up about 3-4 inches each kick. Finally got it buckled down and started fishing again. I wanted one now, but my rigs were all jacked up and tangled. Finally got everything straightened out, then found Thomas and Joe again. Thomas said he got a yt on the bass gear but broke off. I continued with my flyline mac, but a baby seal stole it, then called it a day around 2:30. Fun day fishing with you Allen, great job on that monster!