View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 07:10 AM   #16
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
I think Mike asks a question similar to what I have been noodling over. Since I began fishing in California there has been 3 or 4 of these organizations that seemed to copy the mission statements from the previous organization. I bought their hats. I displayed their stickers. I donated. I joined. I sent them recurring monthly donations, which they continued to take even after effectively disbanding. Quite honestly, I felt they were impotent in fighting for our rights in most cases. I am trying not to be cynical and I don't know what the answer is but a frilly mission statement does nothing for me. What did they do for us last year? Specifically, what are they doing for us today? I did Google it and got the same platitudes. I asked the same types of questions before I started supporting HOW when I was in the states and liked the answers and supported them as best I could.

Yeah I hear ya rossman...believe me, I asked the same questions before I started to support the CCA. It seems like there is a new organization every few years with the previous one taking our money and going belly up. It's unfortunate...with the CCA being a National Organization much like HOW, hopefully everything will be watched carefully from the top this time to make sure there isn't any funny business. Hopefully if or when something goes wrong with this organization I'm sure the guys on the board of directors, most we know some we know personally will alert us.

I am giving CCA a chance to do the right thing and make a difference, and I encourage all fellow anglers to join in. But my support as well as everyone else's is not unlimited. If at some particular time in the future CCA get's greedy or tries to take advantage of our generosity or money, it will be over for them quickly.