View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #4
5-20

BTW, I didn't mention this to you... but the day coulda been a lot worse... a lot worse!

That morning, thanks to my ridiculous caffeine addiction and absolute must for a decent breakfast before getting anything done... on the way up to la jolla, I kept on telling myself to stop at a 7-11 or anything like that, but decided to just keep on going and hope that the gas station on the corner of torrey pines and la jolla shores would be open. And you wouldn't believe how bad I wanted to kick myself when I saw that they weren't.

And then a small ray of light hit me... and it wasn't a metaphysical ray of light but an actual one generated by the light from the starbucks hitting me when this dude walked out of the place!

I could hardly believe it, and full of trepidation... I nervously crept up to the starbucks, as if it'd see me coming and flee...

Yes, it was open for business! At the gaudy time of 5:45am! And as soon as I had a large coffee, a breakfast sandwich and a coffee crumb cake securely in my paws, I knew it would be a good day. And it was... and it was...!

Nothing like paddling around turbocharged with a bit of caffeine!
5-20 is offline   Reply With Quote