View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 08:55 PM   #13
deltadelta
Junior

Dang! Emelie and I where planning on going the week after I get off school, June 19-23. So we will just miss you if we make it up there.

I bought a couple of the Promar collapsable minnow traps a few weeks back to add to the stash.
FYI, Jim gave me (thank you again) one of the same collapsable traps when I first met him last year at Silver Lake and they outperformed the cone-shaped metal basket types that I was using.

As for regulations these are the only ones I can find.
5.35. CRAYFISH.
(a) Open season: All year, except for closures listed in subsection (d) of this Section.
(b) Limit: No limit.
(c) Methods of take: Cray sh may be taken only by hand, hook and line, dip net or with traps not over three feet in greatest dimension. Any other species taken shall be returned to the water immediately. Traps need not be closely attended.
(d) Closures for Protection of Shasta Cray sh: Fall River upstream of Spring Creek Bridge, Lava Creek, Tule River and all connected waters upstream of Little Tule River, Sucker Springs Creek, Crystal Lake, Rising River and Rising River Lake are closed to take and possession of cray sh. (See Section 4.30 for prohibition against cray sh use for bait in sections of the Pit River).
(e) The season closures in Chapter 3 (District Trout and Salmon Special Regulations) do not apply to cray sh shing with methods other than hook and line (see sections 7.00 and 7.50(a)(2)).

From my interpretation you only need a fishing license.

deltadelta is offline   Reply With Quote