View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
wrxkid
Junior

Second time in LJ 11/2....Success!???

Hold on to your yaks, here is my first report.

Ok, not really success. Got kinda skunkedzilla'd

This was only my second time going to LJ and it's been 4 years. Last time, entry was cake. This time we were met by 2-4ft waves. Being an avid surfer, I knew timing was key. But in the end, the entry wasn't as bad as I thought. Kind of a rush.

Swells were 70,000 ft at 13s. well, it felt like that. But actually more around 4ft at 14s. Weather laid down towards the late morning.

We tried to make bait for an hour or so before half my group (2 guys) went in because of sea sickness. I stayed out with another buddy and we were successful on making bait! Caught 1 greenie and 6 PMacs. Bigger size for sure. They were deeper too (~40ft). I figured this was half the battle in LJ. If you can make bait, you are that much closer.

Unfortunately, my noobism did more for the big dogs out there than it did for me. Ended up feeding those suckers the fattie macs.

All in all, a great day just to be out pedaling around with some beautiful views. so I think that was a successful day. Better than work!

BTW, I am selling my rig and getting a Hobie. Looks like the standard out there in LJ.
wrxkid is offline   Reply With Quote