View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
madscientist

Ditto to that. I told Arne that while his big catches were impressive, I was most impressed with the fish he managed to find when it was slow. He turned me on to the whole sight fishing thing in the late summer, and while I never managed to land one, he posted several good fish.

There's right place, right time, but it also takes the skill and preparation to take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves. Both Andy and Arne have taught me a great deal about how to make every inning count, and I thank you guys for all the advice, bait, tips, and spots you've shared over the year. I never figured to finish among the leaders, and I'm sure if Ken could have put in more mornings I would not have been in the top three. I want to especially thank Ken, Pat, and Todd for many a good time on the water and a whole bunch of help while I was figuring things out. There's always a nice lively bait or squirt in my tank for you guys.

I hope this year proves as exciting for everyone as this last month was for me. Those mornings of the last two weeks with the three of us warily eyeing each other were a unique experience. And I can genuinely say that whenever one of you went bendo, I meant both the "Right on!" I yelled to you and the "F&%$" I mumbled to myself. :lol:
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote