View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #1
Irishman

LJ...no fish today..but some lessons learned

Got to the launch at 6:45. Hung out for about 30 mins prior to launching trying to gauge the wind situation. It was offshore at a decent clip and I was waiting to see if it would fade. Getting my stuff fine tuned and bait tank not working...my backup plan swung into effect, use the handheld bilge pump to fill front hatch on my xfactor. Happy with that I paddled out. Made 3 greenbacks and the same number of Spanish. Set for the bounce off the bottom with three way swivel. Long story short no fish.
What I did learn today was to have a backup idea / strategy for the bait. More importantly to listen to my instincts about when to get off the water. The wind went 180 degrees today, made for a nice push to the bait area, then assisted with a nice push off the kelp in a NW direction, finally swinging around again to push back to the beach. Was going to stay out longer but back at the launch by 1:30
Now I'm rebuilding my bait tank...the culprit was a corroded toggle switch.
Still amazing weather and did get to see a huge ass sea turtle come up behind me and lazily swim under my kayak.
Cheers!
Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote