View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 06:31 AM   #66
WahooUSMA

Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
I agree. Lets put the word out and try to find a source for clear 3 and 4" pipe. If we can find that material we get the best of both worlds. With a clear well we would be able to easily check the water level while retaining the ability to have the transducer removable and therefore portable.

Bob
fficeffice" />>>

My fear of separation of the wet transducer, 4in PVC pipe and hull came true. I don’t know if it was from loading and unloading on the truck, the beach landing at LJ the other day, or the constant hull movement from my peddles, but regardless, when I went out on Sunday it was dry. When I added water it leaked immediately. While I think the wet transducer is a neat set up, I think I am going back to the thru-hull-goop method. I am not totally convinced the image quality of a wet mount is that much better than the 'shoot through' system. It’s definitely more of a hassle and you have to be cognizant of the damn pipe when loading up.>>
>>
I might try installing the transducer through the rear hatch vs. in the front hatch.....any thoughts???>>

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote