View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
Cubanaso
Junior

New to the kayak world

Hello everybody! My name is Andrew and I'm fairly new to this kayak fishing world. I am no stranger to fishing and it is my dearest past time. I have been studying kayaks and kayak fishing for some time now and think I finally ready to make the commitment, buy a bait and test the hype.

You seem to have a wonderful community here and I look forward to hearing all of your advice, stories and reports. I hope I can soon provide some of my own.

First order of business would be a boat. I've had my eyes set on a wilderness systems tarpon for sometime now. I originally was leaning towards the 16 but have more recently started to favor the 14. I'm 6'4" and 210, I feel it's gonna take a bit of boat to float me.

I will be fishing and freediving out of this boat so it's important that it's stable and easy enough to get into from the water (practice I'm sure will help with this, and time perhaps).

Any ideas or input as to whether this is a wise choice? I am looking for a used boat thats a few years old and a good deal so I can learn the ropes and modify as needed.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

Andrew
Cubanaso is offline   Reply With Quote