Thread: La Jolla 6/13
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 12:41 PM   #11
Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Enjoyed the report and photos. Awesome that you were able to equalize the floaters and help recover some of the yard sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Good going on the rockfish. Think I caught the same BSB on Sat. or at least a sibling. Lots of batrays around out deeper also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iethinker View Post
Thanks for sending the rockfish back down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gflann View Post
Great report! You might have come fishless but full of good fish karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
I've only been on one cattle boat that had a descender on board. Not saying they used it, just saying they had it on board.

Good on you for descending those fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseym View Post
Sick pics from the launch!
U think those rockfish were from the Seaforth? Those guys rape those same 4-5 rockpiles over and over .
Thanks all. It's so easy to descend a fish. Takes like 60 seconds max. It's amazing to me that so few people do it. I don't know if it's carelessness or lack of knowledge(probably both). Can't say for sure if it was the Seaforth or not. There were private boats all around too so it could have been anyone. I'd like to think the cattle boats would be more concerned about the longevity of their local fishery enough just just leave floaters all around like that. ALL anglers should care, but those that make a living at it even more so. I'm sure there were more fish I couldn't see or get to, but I did what I could.
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote