View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #6
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post
Just a observation: Lots of guys have lost drives in the surf, and that one looks like it's been there a while.

I referred my friend that lost one last year to several posts about found Hobi drives online. Only one guy actually got back to him and that diver told him that he had half a dozen emails for it already.

He finally gave up and bought a new one and he's now marked his drive with his name and number, but he's also very careful about securing it.

We actually talked about making a drive leash or lanyard system for his drive. He says when it get's rough there always a minute or two when he pulls the drive, that he's worried he could loose it while he ties it down. Since he's not very good with tools and I do custom fabrication for a living I told him I could come up with something as a freebee but he still has not brought the drive or his yak by the shop.

Jim

I have no idea what your talking about? Can't figure out why anyone would be interested in an out dated ,salt fatigued drive unit in the first place. Now your talking about fabrication? And you ought to tell that guy to get by the shop real fast like or he will have to go to someone else to repair that drive unit.Hope you two can work something out! good luck
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote