View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
FISH11

Hey Dennis it was good talking to you at the launch while loading up. Loosing one of those beautiful bamboo gaff totally sucks. Those seals are not only relentless but crazy. Today not only did I loose my first six extra large greenies to them. But then two different seals took both my deep (170') drop loop and my top flyline 5 seconds apart. The drop loop one apparently took the circle hook too and then took me on like a 1/2 mile sleigh ride. I didn't want to loose 100 yards of braid. Tried pulling straight to the reel hoping the 40 lb fluorocarbon would break but no luck. Finally he tries to tangle me up in kelp and a lobster buoy line. I keep pulling as hard as I could and finally the line is loose, after cutting trough the kelp I find the circle hook missing the barb end and the rest of the hook is now almost straight. That is the first time I have had a seal take the hook instead of just pulling out the bait or leaving just the head. Seals Suck!