View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 11:49 AM   #23
summers in kuwait

Different strokes for different folks

Both have pros and cons.

After over 20 years kayak fishing I have had a variety of kayaks both "pedal" and paddle.

It all comes down to the user, what they are doing, where they are fishing and what they want out of it.

Its kind of like longboard vs shortboard, surfing or bodyboarding. Both are catching waves, just different approaches to it.

I would say that the hobie or other pedal drives tend to be somewhat easier, due to the use of legs vs upper body. You don't have to worry much about form with a pedal drive, whereas if your serious about big water and ocean use or longer paddling, good form is more important and can greatly affect your performance and stamina.

For me, I actually just sold my pedal kayak and Im looking to get back into paddling.

The main reason, simplification and different muscle use. There is something pure about the paddle and kayak. A less is more approach.

That said, I really enjoyed all my hobies and have nothing but good things to say about them and the brand in general.

Try both and determine whats best for you.

But you do not need a kayak thats as much as a car to catch fish. An old scupper pro, X-13 or tarpon 160 will do just fine

summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote