View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 07:09 AM   #8
Saba Slayer

Moon Phase

Read last weeks article in the Western Outdoor News. Full Moon or New Moon?
It's in the in the "Long Range Season Primer" insert...
Frank LoPreste said..."Sometimes I get really close to thinking the whole moon phase thing is a bunch of hogwash. You can predict and plan a trip around the moon phase if you really want to but YOU CAN"T PREDICT THE CURRENTS. My feeling is just book your trips when it's most convenient.
Cast. Tim Ekstrom says..."But to throw a final wrench into the works, I have seen unbelievable fishing, coastal and offshore, unseat every theory and notion of what should be time and again...
Cast. Andy Cates Said..."You can't blame the full moon for slow fishing. We always tell people to book a trip that fits your schedule rather than trying to predict whether a moon phase is going to be better or worse. You pay your money and take your chance.
Cast. Kevin Osborn says..."My advise is to pick a good time for your fishing vacation and get out there...The single most important factor is current..."
Capt. Jeff DeBuys said..."...but just when you think you have it figured out you get a whole new set of rules...There is in my opinion, no set handbook to go by.
Cast. Art Taylor said...I encourage anglers to just go fishing when their schedule allows and not worry that their availability might not fall on the perfect phase of the moon.
Larry finished the article with...
"I'm inclined to go with with the above captain's experience and judgement that there are many other critical factors, like CURRENT, CURRENT, and CURRENT, which can't be predicted in advance..."

Saba Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote