View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
FISH11

I have 3+ also and opening the case is a real paint in the arse. The lock piece is kind of small for my fat fingers and its hard to get a hold of the leading edge and takes a lot more effort than older models. That is why I don't like having to open it. Sometimes you just have to, but I learned that if you shoot constant video you use a lot of battery but also end up with too much video to download and convert before editing (it take up a lot of computer hard drive till you delete it). I use a MAC and use I Movie because it's easier to work with than the GO PRO software. What I learned to do is have the camera mounted close enough to reach the control buttons so as to be able to turn it on and off when I want it. Also I can turn the Wi- Fi on and off so it save the battery. I carry 3 batteries but most often don't need to change it. I stopped video taping a lot of me just paddling around when nothing is happening. But is simple to reach and turn on If I hook up. Just have it mounted a arms reach away. The lens will capture a wide angle even when not set to the super wide setting.