View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #29
stairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
I'm probably the fucking democrat voting environmentalist leaning fisherman you speak of. No worries, it takes more than that to offend me. But I don't recall you being one of the guys who stood up for our rights during the years we were asking folks to attend meetings from San Diego to Santa Barbara and email and write letters. Maybe I didn't know who your were but I don't remember you being there or speaking up. Not trying to offend, but if you think voting republican is going to preserve your freedoms, you haven't been paying attention.
yup you probably are.
I don't join lost causes....I don't spend money chasing dreams of freedoms lost to the save the whales folks.There are far to many idiots that have no clue about the ocean and it's life we all love for me to have bothered spending what little money I have chasing the dream that it would actually make a difference.
Sure some of you will say that voting for a particular party won't make a difference anyway...and maybe you are right....but at least it only cost me what it takes to drive to the polling place.
To those of you that actually spent time and effort to stop this process I want to thank you.I hope it feels good that it made almost no difference at all in a state run by democrats from the assembly to the senate.We here have been ruled by democrats for what ,... at least 30 years.Governors that were voted in that were republicans have had their proposed rules ,regulation and laws either refused by the senate and assembly or the antis shopped till they found a judge to rule in their favor.
California is a state in decline ....not because the geography or the will of the people have changed ...because the "leaders" we elected(not me) have consistantly disreguarded the will of the people.
go ahead pop the corn ,sit back and be polite about the idiots that vote without paying attention other then collecting their check every month.
Your silence at parties ,in the office ,or at the beach while launching your yak is rewarded with your loss of the freedom to fish within the constraints of good fisheries management.
I hope your happy with the results.
I'm pissed.....I lash out at those of you that vote for democrats because I percieve that ,compared to republicans,they are the party that most often represents the people that destroyed my favorite fishing spot since the first time I fished it back in 1975.If you think differently don't be silent.....this is a discussion that needs to be aired out in a public forum.
defend your votes for the people that killed you ecofriendly manner of fishing....ironic isn't it.
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote