View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #562
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
i was lossing about 2mph when hitting max speed on my torqeedo. So i gave it some thought and went down every row at Home depot. I came across the plastic conduit boxes in the electrical row and I said to myself this just might work!

You would think with a 1600 motor they would have all these problems solved....

Fix cost me $18.00

One Torqeedo Lower clamp ring 069-0011 $7.00
Plastic Conduit Box $11.00
one camp ring $.45

it did, i hit 5.4 mph on the torqeedo at max speed without it picking up air.

Its a great idea, it looks like it will work similar to a trim tab. However........

How are you keeping it from going sideways? If one of the sides gets kelp or grass or whatever caught in on it the drag of whatever is hung up on it will cause the tab to turn sideways. If the tab is sideways my guess is that the motion of the kayak going up & down will cause drag on whatever side the tab is on and will in turn cause the kayak to go down or up in a sideways motion. I'm thinking that you'll have the same results when you're turning in rough seas.

With the above being said another thing that can happen is that the up & down motion of the kayak will result in unwanted pressure being placed on the plate and may cause it to snap, best thing that can happen is that the plate will snap and your pole will remain straight.

Anyway......that's my thought.

good luck

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote