View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 10:41 PM   #34
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansdyaker View Post
I looks like it's going to be a bust. I can't see going down under those conditions. Sergio is going to turn up toward BOLA and Gonzaga is going to get hit with rain again. Sergio should hit that area right around the 13th. The NOAA maps are very accurate. I think it should be postponed until November. Hurricane season ends Nov 30th. That will give the Mex gov time to repair the roads. Your thoughts?
STAY HOME dont waste your time. Now the real deal, come down the pacific side with any car with good tires 10-11 hours from San Diego.
Go OLD SCHOOL Baja with 4WD through Mexicali. was 14 hours two days ago, Dennis Ruso's group made it. It will get better every day. SERGIO will pass SOUTH of makoville by hundreds of miles following its CURRENT track. Puertocitos got tons of rain. 35 miles away makoville might have gotten 2 inches.

Please think it through, what was fine for me driving during the height of ROSA is not the brightest thing to do. But I live my life to its fullest. Most do not. But both sides of the Baja are driveable NOW and should get better day by day.

Just do what you are comfortable with. Remember lots of folks won,t even drive in Baja. Tight Lines amigos, I leave on the 13th, still debating on which route.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote