View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #1
bubbacee7

Brothers Shooting for the End of the Jettie

Happy Saturday Fishing Family. FishingMike and I got out on SD Bay this morning. We got out to the launch at 6 am. There was a slight breeze and it was cooler than the last time we went out. Looked out on the water from the beach and saw 4 yakers already on the water. Our intent today was to try to get out to the south end of the Jetty.

Water was probably 5 degrees colder than two weeks ago. Trolled out of the Shelter Island Yacht Basin. Wanted to load up on some small mack to possibly use as bait. As luck would would have it I hit a school and caught 8 macks in 10-15 minutes on a motor oil red grub and root beer colored grub. Fishing Mike went straight out towards the Jetty. I headed that way after stocking up on mack.

Water was fairly flat and the tide was not coming in strong yet. Got out past the Ammo Pier and kept pushing farther. I think FishingMike ran out of gas or his knee began to ache near the Shoal Markers. I made it out to almost the fog horn at the end of the Jetty. Not much biting out there. Landed a small sandie and spottie. Rode the tide back into the bay. Caught another sandie and spottie near the shoal markers. These were foot longs. We decided to work the spots out off of Shelter Island near the pier. Caught some foot long Sandies and Spotted Bay Bass.

Overall it was a good morning. Finding a good drift was a challenge. Ghost Shrimp lure worked the best for me.

Final Count:

Bubbacee7: 8 Macks, 4 Sandies, and 7 Spotties

FishingMike: 1 manta shrimp, 2 Lizard Fish, 3 halibut, 10 spotties, 12 sandies.

Fish well!!!
Attached Images

bubbacee7 is offline   Reply With Quote