View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 06:16 PM   #19
monstahfish

One thing I'm in the process of is divesting from companies and banks that profit from environmentally unsound practices. For example, pepsi was destroying massive amounts of rainforest for palm oil. I signed a petition for them to stop and stopped buying products with palm oil. I cancelled my chase credit card and told them it was because they were funding oil pipelines. Citi is next. I'm looking for a new bank, probably a credit union as I've heard they can't invest your money without disclosing where it goes. If anyone has a good recommendation on that, let me know.
If all these people understand is greed, I'll take my money and hit em where it hurts. I'm also a monthly donor to the sierra club and life member with trout unlimited which has been very successful in lobbying for clean water.
Our backwards and corrupt politicians are another target. Don't vote for politicians who take money from polluters or try to block progress on clean energy. By the way, we keep going down this road, we're gonna end up like China with way too many people hopefully we can responsibly curb our population growth but I believe a pandemic is coming, if we don't kill each other first.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote