View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 05:26 PM   #39
GregAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
A hooked 35 LB worm?

You really had the drag buttoned down. Hahaha

The entire screen there is less than 3 minutes of duration. So the WSB rising is about the last 1.5 minutes of around a 7 minute fight ("at the end of the fight").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso View Post

I see what you mean by descent but keep in mind that a FF signal is a cone. Therefore it may look like they're descending but they're just getting further from the signal or turning. Also the thickness of the marks is signature of WSB because of their air bladder I believe.

Even on the widest of cone angles, you would not see that type of range change from your transducer at those depths without vertical movement. Turning will make no change for your FF, only distance from the transducer. Thickness of the mark is based on how much (vertically) of the object returns a signal. The two signatures of WSB are the color (strength of signal) and elongated marks with not much vertical movement (worm like).
Although color can be the most difficult to interpret based on distance, thickness can be quite interesting too (just look at my last pic again, that is the same fish at the bottom as at the top).

Quote:
Also note the depth is 50' and kelp.

At that depth scale, and with the fish between 15 and 35' away, it would be hard to guess the species, but easy to tell that they were large. Especially not knowing how you have your sensitivity and colorline set.

Quote:
I guess a hint would have helped that it's in Malibu.
IDK, there has been some very good YT fishing there at times?
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote