View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
SquidJig

2/20/12 AM Surf Report

If you're thinking about going out today, make sure you're wearing your PDF and have everything leashed. The surf this morning was bigger than reported on surfline.com and worse, it was chaotic with waves coming from different directions with no time between them.

I saw two guys go out, and with all due respect to my fellow kayanglers, they were very lucky. One guy took a full frontal facial when a wave broke over his head. I can't believe it didn't knock him off his yak. I was lucky, too, and made it out but almost got blind-sided by a huge wave that broke way out beyond all the other breakers.

Unfortunately, my buddy wasn't so lucky and flipped. I had to paddle right back in. By pure luck I caught a lull and only one wave caught up to me. I was able to ride it in but nearly lost it in a few inches of wash.

If you choose to take on these crappy conditions, make sure someone has your back. And good luck. Or better yet, take care of some of those things around the house today. That's what I'm doing.

Tight lines.
SquidJig is offline   Reply With Quote