View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #13
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
Jimmy,
You have always been one of the "nice" guys.
But bashing a company, its products and staff after a couple months of trying to sell us on how great they are is bad form in my book.
(some may say chicken shit... I will stick with bad form)

I am sure any company that puts you on their "Team" would much rather have any and all negative issues dealt with in house. I could care less about the internal bickering, none of our business, not sure why you felt the need to post that information on a public forum.
As far as the leak, looks like a simple fix. And it sounds like Feel Free is addressing it. ALL kayaks have some type of issue and room for improvement. And I am guessing they would want their pro staff to help in this regard.

Props for your convictions, but posting them on BWE takes away some of the shine.

PS
Personally I don't really need the discounts, but would whore myself out in a minute to be on a "Pro-Staff".
Are you listening OEX?
Hobie? Ocean? Seeker? Daiwa? Owner? Seaguar? Lowrance? Kokatat? Sumo? Tady? Hodgman? Humminbird? Berkley Big Game? Power Pro? Spro? MegaBaits?
I think that about covers the companies I throw silly amounts of money at to play this game. (except for all those plastics, lures and terminal tackle)
Oh and Buff can't forget the Buff, Maybe I need to have a beer and chat with my buddy Wade, That man seems to have this stuff down to a science.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but it's seems to me that Jimmy didn't seem to "air out" the all issues that he's dealing with or other issues he has knowledge of. Even you seem to think the leak is a simple fix, but didn't note it is a serious safety issue. This could come down to the financial issue of repair/retrofit cost. I could see a scenario where the general counsel would say "that"s what we have insurance for". In the meantime many kayaker's could be at risk!
As one who can relate, it's somewhat akin to Political advisors, car salesman, medical/drug representatives and stock broker/dealers (the last I'm very familiar with).
I applaud Jimmy for Publicly announcing his departure as a "Team Member". I use this quoted post as an example of the grief I'm sure he weighed before making this public.
In a way, I believe he's doing a public service for those who may be in the market for a kayak but don't know where to start or what to think about the various models out there.
It seems to me that unlike HOBIE, Ocean Kayak and Malibu kayaks, Mokken doesn't seem to take their reputation or interest/input from customers and their reps seriously.
As a long time member (and even longer "Lurker") I value Jimmy's insights as long time member and experienced kayak fisherman. Up until recently, I was thinking about another Kayak even though I have a "Brand new" Outback that I haven't even "broken in" yet. Obviously the next one won't be a Mokken!
Bravo Jimmy for your bravery and willingness to tolerate this kind of abuse.
Respectfully,
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote