Thread: DP Thresher
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #18
Vikingj

Thanks for the comments, guys. In re: to some of your questions:

Share the spoils? You betcha! I filled 1 1/3 five-gallon buckets w/ steaks. 1-2 lbs each went to 5 employees at Dana Jetski/kayak, 3 fishing buddies, and 2 family members. I still have 20lbs in my freezer.

Yani the butcher? We don't let Yani within 10 ft of a knife when he goes fishing with us!

Drag fish through sealions in harbor? I was a little concerned about the dogs so I finally gill clipped the head to make a speedy passage. The T looked like it was swimming alongside w/ its long tail and dorsal fin breaking the surface - this obviously caught the attention of several people in/along side the harbor. I told two young ladies on SUP's that I had trained the shark to follow me on a leash and I left them with an amazed look on their face. When I pulled into the kayak rental dock and hoisted the fish up on the deck there was a group of tourist renting yaks that I sure were considering canceling their kayak adventure.

Tender steaks? Amazingly so! The 1st night I grilled steaks on a skewer w/ lemon, olive oil, and pepper -very good. Tonight I marinated the chunks in teriyaki sauce before grilling. OMG! I thought I'd died and gone to heaven - it was outstanding!

Wayne
Vikingj is offline   Reply With Quote