View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 05:47 AM   #21
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Another brief moment that comes to mind.....

Is soloing Isla asuncion and looking up at the island 🏝 and seeing it fading fast in distance, it was a south running current pulling me towards Cabo 😳
Stay tuned for edit 😎 after typing the full story on that launch and using my iPhone I pushed the wrong button and it got deleted.

I road shotgun with Jim and his boat with my kayak inside his boat. Down to Rossman in Asuncion. Time frame was somewhere after Thanksgiving but before Christmas. Condition were a full on winter storm with white caps and rain.But we did get some brakes in the weather pattern to fish. The cove I launched in can be tricky and you really need to study it, because of all the braking reefs. Some are invisible unless a big swell set comes in. When it's flat a piece of cake, but not so this trip. Rossman and Jim took his boat and I was solo at Isla asuncion, had it all to my self. I launched and it was bumpy out side but my cobra fish & dive could handle it. I I decided to go long and deeper to try and get away from the Bonita. If you Google earth 🌎 satellite imagery you will see the island outside perimeter I took.
As I crossed over the shallows between the mainland and the island I was greeted with a pod of porpoising seals in tight formation just off my bow to the feeding grounds. First thought comes to mind that's how they travel to avoid predators. I fish all the way around the island to only catching Bonita and 20+ I am now at the south end. And yes I fished around lots of lobster floats but only getting Bonita. After the Bonita episode I'm starting to get tired and I am at the south end of the island stay tuned for the other side.

Last edited by MITCHELL; 02-06-2023 at 10:45 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote