View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 09:32 PM   #114
Daveschildhoodfriend
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesdad View Post
Hello,my name is John.I'm Dave's father.Unfortunately he's most likely not going to survive this tragedy.Right now we're waiting on one last test to determine brain death.All tests have already indicated he's no longer with us but for peace of mind we asked for one more test.We're not exactly sure what happened yet but we do know he may have had a heart defect that caused him to pass out.This was discovered while he was in ICU on life support.Dave has been fishing since he was old enough to hold a fishing pole,about 2 years old.He's always been one lucky (and very skilled) fisherman.Always able to adapt and catch something no matter where we were.From Carp to Tuna he caught it and always enjoyed it.I'm a very proud Dad and also very sad at this time.I'm here to tell those that helped how much i appreciate their efforts to save his life ! i just don't know how to say thank you enough,you guys did your best.I would also like to help out the guy that lost his rod and reel if i could.I thought i'd post this tonight just to get you guys some answers.I'm very tired and upset because of these last couple of days.I'll check in tomorrow some time if i'm able to.I have a very difficult decision to make at the hospital but will try and get back here.Thanks,John

I’m not sure what I’m doing cause I to like John a second father to me in my younger years am new to this page so please bare with me. I have no idea what to say I’m so lost for words at this moment after reading everyone’s comments. Dave and I met in our early teenage years and from that very first day first fishing trip together we were inseparable I can recal that day like it was yesterday. We had alarms set for 3 am at my own fathers house so we could get up and sneak onto Carlton oaks golf course in santee and slay some mega large mouth well back then they were mega to us lol needless to say we caught some nice fish that morning and he introduced me to the sinko aka French fry worm and we fished till sunrise when we got busted by the golf course employees and asked to leave man those were the days Dave I’ll miss you brother and I’m so sorry I failed to stay in constant contact with you after I moved to Montana but I’m so glad I decided to stop by when I was down there for a family deal just to say hi I was so happy to see you and John (dad) still at the same ole house we use to get into so much trouble at.

John (dad) I hope your holding in there cause I’m not I’m losing my poop right now while typing this and just can’t hold back the tears anymore I’m gonna miss him so much and I want you to know that I think Dave was right beside me this last Saturday when I was bow hunting and I could almost hear him telling me to wait be patient that buck will come and as it drew closer I pulled back and I could here Dave say “ now it’s the perfect shot and it’s the biggest buck you’ll have ever shot” needless to say I got him and boy Dave was right it’s by far the biggest mule deer and measures out at 172 and 6/8 inches that technically if I wanted qualifies for pope and young record books. Sorry I’m probly talking a different language to most haha John I just want you to know I’m always here for you and the family you are my second family even though we haven’t spoken much in some time now but mom has my cell number now so please feel free to call or text I miss you guys so much you and Dave will always be in my prayers
Daveschildhoodfriend is offline   Reply With Quote