View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #12
Amish Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
Ed, I damaged my right knee when I was fifteen, so I only had to wait 50 years to get it replaced, then they did both knees in 8 months, tough recovery but I am so glad they are done. I just need to remember to jump out of my boat in deeper water, I can't get up from a low sitting position. Sorry to hear about your ankle, leg problems are a bitch. You don't eat fish? That explains why you are big on catch and release. I am a fish eater, so I'm big into the circle of life routine, catch a few to eat but release most of what I catch. I need to try Mission Bay pretty soon, see if I can figure out the sand dab and corvina down there. Let me know if you are fishing next friday if you want some company.
I'll let you know about Friday. I'm sure we'll fish. Just not sure where.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will B. View Post
I can't believe you weigh 325 can you post a current
Picture of yourself Ed
I don't think there are any sand dabs In mission bay
Don't you use the blade? That's about the top bait in mission
Bay although i hear the umbrella rig has been pretty
Good lately
didn't think about the blade. Usually if the Paddlerz don't get them nothing will. The umbrella seems like cheating. No pics, because then there'll be proof
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
Dang, you guys need to put a handicap sticker on your boats

Good on wearing the PFD, I don't even notice I have one on anymore. It's almost like a nice warm ThunderShirt - I feel safer with it on.

I do have a higher back seat now than before, so I might look for another PFD with an even higher back. A lumbar support helps a lot to fill in the area below the PFD back.
Yeah, definitely a bunch of gimps. I've had back problems since I was 9, and ankle and knee problems since I was 18. Ageing doesn't help things. Once I loose some weight i'll look for a new pfd.

Having a new radio and a pfd definitely helps me feel safer.