View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #85
smithers

In his second post the admin sounds like a nice guy but my reaction to the first was "OK, if you are such a badass then why did you bother logging on to the internet and showing off your catch to these people you look down on so? "Shutup and fish" seems to apply as much to him as to anyone; preening like this makes you a Peacock!"

I recognize his right to be provocative. But of course some people when provoked will want to sound off. The threats made against those who did are the worst thing in the whole thread. I'm sure there are many more who thought it obnoxious but quietly moved on.

I trust the OP has a tough skin and won't be bothered by my comments. I have the utmost respect for his fishing skills, just think the the tone of the first post was a bit more insulting than he intended. I'm not saying this because I'm afraid of any tough guys out there, but because one day maybe I'd like to hire him as a guide and learn a thing or two.

The thead should probably be locked. If it gets deleted please at least leave the pic of that incredibly fine, glorious fish. If I ever land something like that in the yak I'll have a stroke and they'll find my cold body cradling the fish with a huge grin.