View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 08:51 AM   #2
Mahigeer

Here is what I could find on F&W website. Staryeye is not mentioned, but I would guess (need to be verified) it falls in with others.

28.55. Rockfish (Sebastes).
(a) Open areas, seasons, and depth constraints: See Section 27.20 through Section 27.50 for definitions, special closure areas, and exceptions. Take and possession is authorized as follows:
(6) Cowcod Conservation Areas: Open and closed dates and depths constraints as defined by Section 27.50. Only Nearshore Rockfish, and Shelf Rockfish, as defined in subsections 1.91(a)(1) and 1.91(a)(3), may be taken and possessed, except as provided below in subsection (b)(1).
(b) Limit: Ten, within the Rockfish, Cabezon, and Greenling complex (RCG complex, as defined in Section 1.91) limit of 10 fish, in any combination of species, except as provided below.
(1) The limit on bronzespotted rockfish, cowcod, and yelloweye rockfish is zero. These species shall not be taken or possessed as part of the RCG limit.
(2) The limit on canary rockfish is two fish, within the RCG limit.
(3) The limit on black rockfish is three fish, within the RCG limit.
(4) In the Cowcod Conservation Areas (see Section 27.50), the limit on slope rockfish, as defined in subsection 1.91(a)(4), is zero. These species shall not be taken or possessed as part of the RCG limit in the Cowcod Conservation Areas.
(c) Size limit: None.
(d) Method of take: When angling, gear is restricted to not more than two hooks and one line. For purposes of this section, a hook is a single hook, or a double or treble hook with multiple points connected to a common shank.
(e) Fishing rules for rockfish may be changed during the year or in-season by the department under the authority of subsection 27.20(e). See subsection 27.20(f ) for additional information.

I would say, don't keep anything less than 12" just because there is not much meat on smaller sizes.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote