View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 03:37 AM   #16
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Glad it was lobster seaon.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Another Thanksgiving fishing and yellfest in Bahia Asuncion is drawing to a close. This year I had Deamon, Mitchel, Druko, CON KSO, Patrick,who is a winter resident at Camp Rene near Abreojos, and Mark Mizak, a firefighter from Montana. Conspicuously absent and missed were Makobob and Jeff Lowe. Roger, John and Patrick left after a couple days and fished at Campo Rene. Leaving fish to find fish is not always a good idea but it worked out well for them.

That left Jim, Mitchell, Mark and myself to chase the Asuncion fish. The fishing turned out to be stellar, matching the weather. While we were concentrating on the yellowtail, there were some impressive by catches and as I mentioned before, most were within a mile and a half paddle from the launch. I went long in my tin boat on one day and managed to land a wahoo, my second of the season. We managed to land a couple nice dorado which seem to be thick as fleas right now. Mitchell hooked and lost 5 yesterday and saw many many more from his kayak. The most unusual catch was made by Mark Mizak who was jigging for yellowtail in 100 ft of water in Jim's boat near the island and hooked and landed a nice 19 lb yellowfin tuna. The total count on the yellowtail was right around 70. Mostly in the 18 to 25 pound range but a few chunkier models, but no rats. Lots and lots of big fish lost to the rocks. I personally lost about 10 of the Salas 6x jrs being rocked by fish that were simply unstoppable. Everyone else experienced the same sort of tackle loss. Too many bonito and chunky skipjack tuna to count. Oh, and I almost forgot, Jim and I each caught a 25 lb class white sea bass. The first I have landed down here. No halibut this year because no one fished for them, and no Marlin because no one saw any. Without a doubt the best fishing we have experienced on these Thanksgiving get together's.

We celebrated with a lobster dinner last

Attachment 22719

Attachment 22720

Attachment 22721

Attachment 22722
Yummy......
Attached Images