View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 04:47 PM   #1
madscientist

LJ 10/23 AM Can lightning strike twice?

Tried for a repeat performance. Same conditions early, calm flat humid. Started to mist and a breeze kicked up after I made bait on the way north. Greenies everywhere and some sardines. Got a few lizards for good measure but it was tough to get down through the macs. Wind built up some chop for a while but settled later. Got on the spot and within 15 minutes a rod goes down. Not huge but also not running, start thinking I may be a lucky SOB. Then I see this...

Oh well. Nothing much after that for a while. Hear that Ken is on his way over and shortly thereafter a bait gets picked up. Strong runs so I'm thinking shark and, sure enough, I end up dealing with a big leopard. Tried to get the hook out but broke the line. In the process I discovered that my floating pliers don't. Ken meets up with me and as we are slow trolling he points out that I'm getting bit. Smaller leopard, on my only healthy sardine. Called it quits when the wind picked up again, leaving Ken to his marathon fish/bug hunt. Hope it worked out, Ken. On the way home I bounced a pair of macs and caught, yep, another leopard right off the rocks north of the pier. So after my flirtation with the right kind it looks like I am back on the sharks.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote