View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #4
HobieScot

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've been Spearfishing for years. Just not off a kayak. I started beach diving and got tired of that hassle pretty fast. Mot to mention the visibility on our coast is almost always horrible. I then switched to boat diving only with the majority of my fish speared at Catalina. I have a Wong hybrid that will secure to the paddle holder perfectly. So I feel safe there.

I do have a kelp clip that I use for fishing to secure the yak. I've had it break loose a couple times while I was fishing which is no big deal. But if I secure the yak to kelp and head out diving and come back up and it's gone, well that's a whole nother story!

That's one of my huge concerns. But I'm guessing without me in the yak putting the extra pressure on the kelp that the kelp clip would have a much easier time keeping the yak in one place.

One question I do have is how'd I you deal with the wetsuit situation. That would be one LONG paddle in a full wetsuit and over heating would be a real problem. Waiting to put it one when I get to the hunting grounds seems like a huge pain in the yak. So I was thinking that I could just wear the bottoms of the farmer johns on the way out then struggle with getting the top on when I get there.

How do others deal with the wetsuit?

Is there any other problems that I might come across that I haven't thought of yet?

Thanks in advance for your support!

Last edited by HobieScot; 06-22-2015 at 10:28 AM.
HobieScot is offline   Reply With Quote