View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
Spyder

1/2 - Hooping with the Sherminator

Was at the lake near my house getting ready to run a few miles when I happened to look at my phone and saw that Sherm had called and left a message. Called him back, he was heading down to do some bug hunting. I said f#%k it and bailed on the run and went home, loaded up the van, and hauled ass down to the launch.

Launched my yak right at 4:00 and after a loooooooong paddle met up with Scott. Set my nets, enjoyed the sunset, and did some feeshin while waiting. First pull was all shorts, second pull I had my 1st keeper of the new year.

After about an hour a tin can full of guys showed up and took over about a half mile of area . Although they were cool enough to give Sherm & I our space, they unfortunatley brought the dogs with them. Freaking dogs were WAY aggresive last night. A few I was able to keep at bay with my paintball gun but a couple just came right up under & along side my yak and didn't seem to care about anything but getting at my bait. Nothing worse than feeling your yak getting bumped while out at night.

After a couple hours the dogs finally let up and we found the crawl . A few more pulls and we both had several more keepers along with a couple big rock crabs.

Called it a night around 10:00 and started that looong paddle in only this time we had the tide at our backs.

Total for me was 4 keeper bugs and 2 rock crabs. I think Scott had 5 keeper bugs. A good night out overall, decent weather, moving tide, good company, and bugs & crabs for dinner tonight .

Sherm has some pics I'm sure he will post tomorrow. Mine are of my haul and a pic of a hitchhiker I discovered in my yak this morning, some species of shrimp.

Good to be back out on the water with ya bro...

Peace,

Spyder
Attached Thumbnails
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote