View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 01:09 AM   #9
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootaineer View Post
One of my first times out, completely inexperienced, I was fishing south of the Mission Bay pier, near some cliffs and not paying attention, I realized that I had strayed into a group of surfers, and next thing I know a big wave hits me from being in a Hobie tandem kayak, causing the kayak to pencil and launching me and my gear. Complete yard sale. Stranded on the beach, up against the cliffs, with the kayak but minus a fair amount of lost unleashed gear, it took me about an hour to successfully launch past the surf, repeatedly getting thrown back by the waves. The surfers were laughing their asses off the whole time. Let’s just say I’m a lot more careful about wandering into surf zones these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL LOL LOL this is GREAT! I was in Deer Creek Malibu north County one morning chasing the WSB bite... 6 foot shore pound, about 2 second interval...

This was about 5 years ago and to this day have issues with my knee.. For sure tore a ligament trying to get my 14 foot barge out in that nonsense On my third try through the surf I flipped the yak on the 3rd yard sale for whatever I had left and at that moment could not really lift the yak and flip it over in the surf... tore a ligament :/

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote