View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 09:28 AM   #57
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
Good tip.

I bought Pesos when I was coming in October. I paid $7.50 for shipping fee to B&A.
I did not needed them, since Bob drove (he accepted Dollars for my part of gas cost) and only other expense was dinner at the restaurant. I paid in Dollars there too, since me and Paul were sharing the cost. It was easier to figure out.

I saw everyone accepted Dollars, so when I got back I sold them. Yet again another fee. Who knows how much it cost me by buying and selling.

Then I decided to make the New Year's Eve trip. This time I drove and paid for gas, some stuff and food. I wish I had kept the Pesos.

Oh well, when one travels, one cannot think of nickel and dime stuff.

But every penny also counts.
In Baja Norte most everyone takes the dollar. Just a small example. I stayed at Campo Beluga for 3 nights on my Christmas trip. He charges 25 dollars a night for his little enclosed cabanas. Since I only had pesos it was 400 pesos per night. I got my pesos from the atm at the 17.5 rate so my cost was around 23 bucks a night. 3 nights and I saved 6 bucks. That's a 6 pack of Pacifico
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote