Thread: Cleaning house
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
wade

Cleaning house

Was hanging out with a buddy @ one of his hidden treasures he so kindly shared with me.
First day of prefish, we didn't bring the yaks, only poles.
After noticing a poor small snapping turtle that most likely was killed to careless discarded tackle..I came back to clean house..

Tules lined the perimeter with only a couple openings to pitch from. Submerged brush and limbs provided plenty of structure to target, but upon every cast I become ensnarled in a minefield of every color and line class of spectra & monofilament strictly due to careless anglers compounding the problem upon every trip..
So...after losing about sixty dollars in tackle, I decided to call it quits for the day.
Upon packing it up & being half the weight I originally entered with, I returned bright and early the very next day with a large metal rake with a long fiberglass handle to clean up. I found a ton of tackle too at the other end of the snag-city of lines..Countless creatures and craw-trailers, senkos, rapalas, roostertails, buzz baits, spinner baits, grubs and more...
All for the low low price of nothing..

the place is remote and has deep recessed pockets to say the least.. Launching my loaded PA into the lake wasn't much of an issue. I simply held the stern handle and dropped it down a vertical drop into the water. Getting it out would be more than difficult I soon learned the hard way, but I knew this from the beginning..After many failed attempts barely able to get the bow 2 feet out of the muck, I enlisted the help of my Dakota to winch my plastic hog out of the drop. Had I not had two extra long tie-downs, the submerged 'on site bass boat' would have had a new friend..Got a little over a bakers dozen for my janitorial services.

dragonfly caught in the frame

wade is offline   Reply With Quote