View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #29
sbsyncro

Equipment/Gear recommendations

So I am starting my planning for the Todos Santos trip in early June, and wondering what I need to bring for the trip. Can anyone with experience help me put together my "kit"?

Here's my stick choices:

Quantum M-H 7' spinning combo (usually use it for drop-shotting or throwing plastics). Spooled with 12# Stren mono

Torium on a 7' Sabre Stroker Pro (the $49 Big 5 special) wound with 20# braid and 12# flouro leader

Avet MXL on a Calstar 190 6' MH rod wound with 50# braid and 30# flouro leader

Teeny-tiny shimano Sedona spinner with Shimano 7' rod (my sabiki unit). wound with 10# Ande mono

Abu 6600CX with a7' Abu rod (medium-light) wound with 15# Ande mono line

My tackle consists mostly of live bait gear (1/0, 2/0, and 3/0 circle and octopus hooks, egg sinkers, etc). I have a pretty good collection of Big Hammers in browns and blue/silvers. Also have about a dozen "Trix Jetty Worms" with the big heads and weedless hooks.

I'm pretty light on irons and such - a couple of big krocs and a "buzzbomb" or two. Should I load up on more of this sort of thing?

What is the type of fishing most likely to be? Live bait, plastics, all of the above? What about typical depths and current?

Also, what about clothing - paddle pants and a nylon fishing shirt (with paddle jacket as backup) or full-on waders and paddle jacket? (neoprene or breathable?)

Thanks for any advice!

Brent
sbsyncro is offline   Reply With Quote