View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #2
Brian Sanner

They will have weigh boats out there but they can take a while to get to you. The fish basket should (in my opinion) be used as a last resort. They cause alot of drag and make it a real pain to make any moves. Taking the fish in and out of the water several times is not good for the fish either. There are a couple of options available. The 5 gal. bucket with a bilge pump and 12v. battery is easy and cheap enough to make and will keep bass alive and in relatively good shape for hours, not to mention being able to move from spot to spot easier. If you can spend a little $$, Jason@liquidfishing.com has bait tanks that have worked flawlessly for me now and in the past. They range somewhere in the neighborhood of $125 to $150 or so. Check other websites also, Plastic Navy has a ton of guys that can help and I think that there may even be info on building your own tank. Bottom line,..........fish baskets and game bags bad, 5 gal. buckets and tanks good . If that is your only means,.....that's cool, just my opinion. Check out Plastic Navy. See ya out there, hope this helps.
Brian Sanner is offline   Reply With Quote