Thread: Gear Storage
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #15
jorluivil

I'll drive my truck every so often but as of lately I've been driving my Civic. I did notice that when I was driving my truck I was taking everything but the kitchen sink with me, now I take what I need and mayyyybe a little extra.

I went to Home Depot yesterday and purchased a smaller tote, everything that I need fits in it perfectly with just a little room to spare. I browsed the PVC isle for some ideas and was considering strapping my rods to the rack but its probably more trouble than its worth, its just as easy to lay them down in the front seat.

I never really noticed how many guys transport their kayaks in compact cars until I started doing it. I guess since it wasn't something that I was doing I never really cared about it or payed attention to it. The cost of fuel isn't killing me but if I can travel to and from for half the cost why not, right? Besides, when I go to LJ I usually try to get around 3 guys to carpool in my truck, we all pitch in $20 for fuel and it gets us to and from with a little to spare.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote