View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
sdjiricek

Perscription fishing Sunglasses, ANY EXPERIENCES?

Well for now Lasik is out of the equation and years of being in the sun and in the water without sunglasses are taking their toll. My eyes have gotten very sensitive and it's time to fork out for a pair. Iv'e been eyeing several differnt brands. Costa del Mars, Maui Jims, Smith Optics, and WileyX. Both Smith and WileyX let you order prescriptions directly from the websites while Maui Jim and Costa del Mars are sent of for about a 2wk turnaround. I'm looking at under $200 for the WileyX around $300 for the Maui Jims and and unkown amount for the Costa del Mars as their only seems to be one shop, up in encinitas, that handles their prescriptions. I'll primarily be using them for Kayk Fishing off La Jolla and day to day driving and recreation. If anyone has any experiences with these brands, or any orthers for that fact, I would really appreciate the inputs. Varoius tints and how they preform for my specified conditions, mirrored vs. non mirrored, comfort, service, problems, durability, getting burned by the optical stores, and price are all welcome topics. I'm leaning towards bronze or gray polarized tints with the polycarbonate lenses, which supposedly already filter 98% of UV light. I've already done a little bit of internet research but are all of these products created equally? This might also become a good topic to be pinned
sdjiricek is offline   Reply With Quote