Thread: March YT
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 05:14 PM   #1
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

March YT

Not a kayak report but with all the SOLO's coming into the community I figure i can post my tin boat escapades until I find a tin boat forum.

Here's my amigo Tim putting the wood to a nice yellowtail this morning. One of 6 that we landed today. Tim is a heavy equipment operator from northern British Columbia and he and his wife have been here in Asuncion since late October. Pretty good week of fishing considering this is historically a down time of year for fishing here. Nice warm and calm weather all week. I went out alone on Tues and managed 5 yellows. One was a particularly nice one of about 36 pounds. Got taken into the rocks by two more nicer models. Out again on Thurs with Dary Martinez the son of the owner of a local restaurant that I frequent, and we got 3 and some jumbo Bonito. Plan on trying again tomorrow if the weather holds.

Name:  SAM_0543.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  55.6 KB
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote