View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 01:34 PM   #8
papajohn
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl_91762 View Post
Hey John, I feel for you as I was in the same boat a few weeks ago. I've only owned my yak for about a month and fished only Huntington Harbor first then Newport Harbor launching from where you did. And only went out to the very end of the jetty and though hell no, not by myself and fished the bait barge. My last trip last weekend my cousin came down and we fished Dana Point..but he came at 9:30 and I was on water at 6:00. Man I tried to man up and go outside of the channel before he came but swells were intimidating for me as I was alone, plus I got a little seasick while paddling/fishing just past the break. So I went and fished the harbor till he got there. Once he did we set off for the Headlands even though I was a little scared I knew he was an experienced yak angler so it helped a lot. We got caught in the winds heading back and for a first timer, I was concerned paddling back cause it took us over 2.5 hours fighting wind and he assured me he's been in worse so that helped. After that first open water experience I feel more confident, but am still learning trying to hook up with experienced folk but not that easy to be honest even though everyone on the water is cool. I too can fish Sat/Sun and will start to head out to open water regularly solo, so PM me if you want to hook up sometime even though Im a rookie, Its better then going out alone if your just starting. Joey
ill be at the harbor tomorrow maybe ill see u there
papajohn is offline   Reply With Quote