Thread: New ride ready
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 08:32 PM   #14
FISH11

On
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Yaker View Post
Hope you got some money back, because that totalscan transducer goes for $300 solo. I don't understand why they didn't have the 9 pin Black HDI 83/200 ducer in stock. That's what you want, if your not going to use the totalscan. Otherwise you need an adapter chord for the 7" blue connector, runs about $50 just for that adapter. Some Hobies are hooking up the totalscan transducer. Since your lowrance ready, here is how they are doing it. Soon they will release the 50/200 HDI black 9pin ducer. I'm going to do a scupper mount with the totalscan on the TI. The totalscan transducer is what you want for the Elite Ti's

http://www.saltwaterkayakfisherman.c...ll-in-one.html

and the scupper, although I will use PVC.
http://www.theplastichull.net/2016/0...kayak-install/
Thanks for those links, I sure had thought about it but was more concerned about battery life than mounting option. I like the idea of the leading edge protector. It is definitely a large transducer. The store manager told me it is super on lakes for a very detailed view, but since I don't fish much in lakes I wasn't sure how much benefit it would be to me. At first the thought to keep it and use it on a boat when I get one. When I got the downscan version the savings was $200. I think, I might take this one back and get the downscan 7" in the next couple of weeks. I'm not sure why he didn't find the downscan transducer that had the correct connector and the 83/200 and 455/800. That is the transducer that comes on the one I got. Having both transducer and being able to move the head between my kayak and a boat would have been great.

Last edited by FISH11; 06-08-2016 at 11:52 AM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote