View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 06:59 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

Gettin' my moneys worth...

I launched to offshore bumpy conditions with a very cold wind on New Years Day...
As usual the Pro Angler handled it well and kept me dry along with about 4 layers of clothes…although, I should have stayed in bed for a few more hours, as it was flat calm as I drove back home to PV along the avenues…

I trolled around for about an hour looking for my first "tuna/bonito" of the year...the surface temp was at 59 degrees so the bones never came up...
Oh well... maybe I'll get those Bones later in the week...
Switched gears and started dropping the HookUp Baits for some bass on the meter marks near the artificial reefs...the Sandies and Calicos were slow to bite but I got a few to start the New Year off right and get my full value on my yearly license...
If the DFW is not going to change the yearly license, my humble suggestion is to go out there and buy a license now and get as much use out of it as you can...LOL
The DFW raised the price again, although not by much. And for the newbies the second rod stamp is for trout fishing…and the Ocean Enhancement stamp money is used to support the White Sea Bass hatchery and grow out pens.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote